Greens Removals: The Greener Removals Company - For Household and Commercial Removals UK, Europe and International
Helping the environment
At Greens Removals we try very hard to reduce waste. We attempt to recycle boxes whenever possible keeping costs down for you and protecting the environment.
You can help by:
Making a Green Investment in Our fleet.
- Writing on packaging tape rather than directly on the boxes. Use a short piece of tape stuck on the side of the box.
- Use a knife to open cartons and then flatten them ready for collection
- Putting used paper in your recycling bin - we cannot collect this as we use smaller vehicles on collections
- Phone to let us know when boxes are ready for collection.
- Keeping boxes clean and dry
- Requesting us to post heavy duty bags so that boxes can be left outside if in our collection area
- If outside our collection area, you could offer them to friends or family that may be moving or try calling a local moving company that may be able to make use of them. If none of these solutions are a possibility, please recycle at local council facility
- All of our packaging supplies have been selected not only to offer quality and value and provide maximum protection for your possessions in transit or storage, but also in consideration to the environment. All our products are made from recycled materials or are recyclable themselves
The requirements of the low emission zone or LEZ implemented by councils within the M25 area continue to change in an effort to reduce levels of pollution within the Greater London Area. Any heavy vehicles entering this zone that do not meet strict new emission levels, are subject to a significant charge This green pollution and carbon initiative is likely to spread and roll out to other cities and metropolitan areas across the UK.
As part of our commitment to green initiatives we are continually investing in the fitting of sophisticated emission reduction equipment to our fleet of vehicles. These vehicles will meet and exceed strict new emission levels for heavy vehicles working within the M25 up to and beyond the new limitations which will come into effect in January 2012 and 2014. Removers who fail to commit to the costly alterations to their vehicles will be likely to add the cost of using non-compliant vehicles to each removal. The charge currently stands at £200 per vehicle per day. A significant addition to a removal bill!